Walking in Beauty: “hozho naasha”
The four cardinal directions principles defined below are the “beauty way path” in the sense that beauty exists within us and around us as the light reflects through a rainbow. The symbol of the rainbow is our sovereign communication with creator.
The principles placed within the four cardinal directions are blessingway teaching translated to English as “the four corn-pollen footsteps”: child-youth-adult-elder.
“hozho” – means “natural order.” The term natural order is temporal time, cardinal directions, cycles of seasons correlated with principles placed in the four cardinal directions for a life journey:
- EAST – child: sunrise-spring-spiritual moral standards for living
- SOUTH – youth: noon-summer-learning/work/transportation
- WEST – parent: sunset-autumn-family/home/story-telling/ceremony
- NORTH – grandparent: midnight-winter-SELF-reverence/reverence for the natural order/hope/restoring resources
- CENTER: fireplace/hearth of home – spiritual family love
Once one has experienced a ceremonial change process to correct the state of dis-ease/disease, their journey is in the natural order. Then we are living the loving way, in right relationship to the elements of the four cardinal directions. When we travel through life in this way we are walking in beauty.
Learn more about these blessingway healings: