PURE DEMOCRACY: Peacemaking using an Indigenous Change Process Occupy Seattle, February 15, 2012
1. Problem Identification: naming the out-of-balance condition.
Assumption of superiority – Trans-generational disconnect – Misuse of power – Inequity – GREED and fear of lose – FEAR of survival – Asleep to creative gifts.
Core Issue: the root cause that maintains the out-of-balance condition.
Conquest mentality; Historical documents instituted into infrastructure designed to benefit Colonialists Invaders ; Vatican’s Charter of Liberty defining ownership of land and property, including women; Vatican’s Charter of the Forrest: “Right of Discovery of Pagan Land” – Discovery Doctrine; Papal Bull, regarding American Indian Genocide and the Willie Lynch Letter regarding deconstructing Black people through Slavery.
2. Obstacles: emptying is correcting the obstacles to internal change that maintain the root cause of destructive and death producing choices.
“I am” my deficient self-image which is self-delusion; emptying self-doubt; Irish “keening” is public grieving of death; symbolic “death” of self-image; cleansing and purifying obstacles that are painful.
3. Realistic Ideal: reframing win-lose=no-win decisions into win-win decisions for constructive and life-affirming choices. Affirming powerwithin to have powerwith others eliminates the need for powerover.
Win-win decisions for collective survival; remembering that there is a Unity and we are within the Oneness of creation.
4. Co-creative Resolution: manifesting the win-win co-creative solutions.
Design safe and supportive places for emptying without judgment, condemnation or punishment. Design places to affirm our creative imagination and to our gifts.
Design Process: [powerwithin]
- Envision – visualize: seeing
- Conceptualize – intention: thinking
- Dialogue – affirmation: speaking
5. Life Application: co-creative situational leadership for decision making and designing the co-creative solutions.
Comradeship and solidarity: Alignment with the authority of our authentic-SELF.
Manifest Process: [to have powerwith others, eliminates the need for powerover]
- Construct – manifest: doing
- Life Skill – living co-creative solution(s)